In this week’s episode, I share share the concept around people-pleasing, what it is, why people do it and why it’s detrimental to your self-respect and self-love.
Important things to know
Below is a list of things that I believe are essential to know about why you end up people-pleasing.
- People-pleasing is lying to yourself and the person you’re attempting to please.
- People-pleasing is an attempt to manipulate the other person to affirm you.
- People pleasers eventually resent the other person because they almost never do exactly what you expect them to do.
- People-pleasing is giving with expectation, not genuine desire to love and provide.
What you will discover:
- How your past trauma and and attachment style can cause you to people-please.
- How not people-pleasing will actually heal your emotional wounds.
Listen to the full episode here:
Enjoy the show?
Don’t miss an episode. Follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment